Finally the alpha release of my source code studying tool is ready. Its called CodeDetective. This version is a pre-release so it could be buggy, as long as it doesn't crash i would say its good, also, its missing a lot of things at this time.
- It supports ctags, It also comes with ctags binary taken from the ctags website. In order to search tags, run "ctags -Rn" in the project folder and it should be able to read the ctags tags file to perform regexp search over tags.
- It comes with find and grep functionality.
- The default page is called study, where in if you open files and close them it records this information , also it records your bookmarks, find (also uses regexp) files searchs, findgrep searches and tag searches.
- You can record Todo, Note and some small pieces of code for later references.
- Its not an IDE, its a source code studying tool. Wouldn't recommend saving files using this.
- It comes with fakevim editor that has been integrated with it. So, you can use vim commands(basic) after clicking on the editor itself.
- Use the explorer tree to select the appropriate folder.
- Click on "Set as Project Folder" in "Project" menu. (Open project is no longer relevant so no need to even click them)
- Search away.
- Once done save study and close project.